Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Tale of Two Bookstores...

Or maybe just the content inside them. Specifically the table of contents, title pages, and covers of various books  in the store. (Sorry... Running on too little sleep here) Here are a few images of my findings.

Great use of color and I like the font they chose

Title Page

This layout feels well-balanced (Asymmetrically) and the neutral colors work well

Here is the inside (Table of Contents)

Not gonna lie, I just picked this book up because of the funny title and corresponding image, turns out the table of contents looked nice too! 

I really liked the color scheme and general design of this Table of Contents :)

I love the color palette for this cover, plus the general graphic concept works well too
Here is the Table of Contents for the Gift book

A creative book cover, but the interior layout caught my attention too

Table of Contents in the Tattoo book, the zig-zag/ back-and-forth movement is effective across a two-page spread. Also the 3 different sized fonts create good hierarchy.

Graphic page in the Tattoo book....

In the Tattoo book....

The text layout in this book was centered and shifted to the top, it creates nice, asymmetrical negative space.
(Tattoo book still)

I came across the "Secrets of Stylists" book and thought it was an interesting way to
create texture almost with typography and emphasis using a single color...
then all the way across the store, I found a second book with nearly the same concept!
Completely different subjects, yet a cover design that is equally as effective for both books.


No bookstore is complete without a comfy kitty on the floor!

Bike, bike, and more bike! I liked the simple use of black and white plus one color on the top row here.

I like the vertical and horizontal movement and tension created by the text and graphic elements

So there you have it. Two bookstores, thousands of books, and one cat :)

No comments:

Post a Comment