Search This Blog

Friday, September 7, 2012

Instrumental Songs

So I visited 8tracks.com (a music website that lets you listen to songs based on your mood/emotion or music genre) with the tags Instrumental + upbeat here is a playlist I found that sort of reminded me of the "feeling" or "essence" of the first paragraph of Earthly Powers by Anthony Burgess. Not all of them were as suitable, but I like the playlist overall. There are 11 songs total. It has great sound contrast and depth -- I feel submerged in the music, like waves intermixing with the particles of my spirit.

The second song is wonderful to just listen to in general, Fortune Days by The Glitch Mob and I enjoy the piano music in the third piece (Porcelein by Moby.) The most fitting song for the paragraph would probably have to be the forth song, Mbira beat by Goldfish because it starts off with soothing piano that has been interrupted much like how the first-person narrator is interrupted on his eighty-first birthday. Then the song picks up to encompass a strange rhythmic music which reflect the point when he realizes its the archbishop coming to visit him and he offers the visitor a drink.

Lights and Sound from jlow227 on 8tracks Radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment